Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Submission

I feel at times that most Romanians see Americans as the "poster child" for equality. It is very hard for the women to understand that I willingly submit to Stephen as leader of our home. In fact, this is hard for some of my friends back home to understand too!

I have tried to explain it, but until the Lord opens your eyes to His plan, you're just running around blind living by man's law (which change frequently). Then Kim at Life in a Shoe pointed to an article written by Candace Cameron Bure that totally summed up my feelings and beliefs.

Some of the thoughts I loved:

"Marriage is an equal partnership in that BOTH roles, husband and wife, are equally important. But, they are not designed to be the SAME role."

"I help him because it pleases the Lord, and ultimately, THAT is who I care about most."

"Ultimately, my husband is responsible for all the decisions made in our home before God. He'll stand before God to give an account of our family. That's a weight lifted from my shoulders and yet such a hefty responsibility for my husband. I want to do everything possible to see us succeed together."

"I choose to allow my husband to lead because I want to do it God's way. I gave up "my rights" when I gave my life over to the Lord."

I don't think I can add more - God's Truth in His Word says it all. Very clearly.

"He who has ears to hear, let him hear." Matthew 11:15