Sunday, October 08, 2006

Monopoly


We bought a new game. It is Monopoly, the European Landmark Edition. Maria and I saw it and the tokens are famous landmarks. We have been to several of them in person so I decided it would be a great overall souvenir of our time in Europe. They use Euros and the properties are the countries of the European Union in the order they joined.

We are having a fun time playing, but there is just one problem. I can't seem to win. Steve and Maria are still "duking it out" while I sit here blogging! We have played, no joke, for two weeks and I have won ZERO games.

You'll notice in the picture that the spot on the sofa is surrounded by lots of mortgaged properties and little cash. Yeah, you guessed it, that's my place. This was made one roll before they booted me completely from the game.

Steve said it was really just luck. If that were true, I should win about 1/3 of the games. I hate statistics!