Saturday, March 04, 2006

Walking the streets of Bucharest

After visiting a museum in the morning (see the post following) we took full advantage of the 50 degree temperature and the sunshine and hit the streets of Bucharest. There was still PILES of snow and slush sitting around but we couldn't resist the outdoors.

We headed to one of the shopping areas. The streets were cobblestone and people were milling about everywhere. We looked in some glass shops and I saw some "Romanian" things I want to bring back with me. We are hoping to get out of the city at some point and we have heard that the prices are better in the areas where these articles are actually made.

I took a couple of pictures of scenes that I enjoyed. I don't know where we were or the names of the buildings in the pictures. I hope you enjoy them too.