Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Odds and Ends

I finished my first toe shoe! It looks very close to Mihaela's. Mine is on the left of the picture and hers is on the right:



It's a little small because it's from different thread but I think I know how to make the next one fit better! Any of you Rhythmic Mamas that want to learn, I'll be glad to help at Nationals. I figure we'll be sitting in the stands for a while and might as well multi-task! For those that want to learn you will need a #5 crochet hook and thread from Hancocks (back of the store on a spool No. 10 white or ecru). You can go to this website and learn the chain stitch, single crochet, and double crochet. Then we can quickly "whip" up some shoes! The hardest part for me was holding the thread.

Maria has been enjoying a computer game that she purchased with her own money. It is called Roller Coaster Tycoon. It's a strategy game where you build and manage your own amusement park. She had been playing Civilization IV but that had gotten old and no one squeals with excitement on it! Ha ha!