Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The Romanian Easter Bunny?

When Maria and I were on the tram today coming home from gymnastics, I noticed an older, slightly overweight man carrying a basket of eggs. I got tickled and whispered to Maria, "look that must be the Easter bunny in disguise". She just looked at me and shook her head.

Well then in true "Fowler fashion" I started singing the song that popped in my head...

Here comes Peter Cotton Tail
Hopping down the bunny trail
Hippety-hoppety Easter's on it's way.

That's when I got the, "Mamaaaa, hush" comment!

This was just the funniest thing to me today. Maria thinks I'm odd...but I think that comes with being an eight year old!

(In Romanian it's actually fairly common to see people carrying eggs in bags or baskets that they have bought at the farmer's market. The baskets are beautiful here and I'm already wondering how I can get mine home with the new airline restrictions.)