Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Rome - A walk through history

I am in love with Rome! Most people who know me realize that I have a fascination with columns. So today everywhere I looked it was a column. I took right at 80 pictures. The tour we went on lasted 10 hours. It was a long day but we all agreed it was fantastic.

Our first stop was Trevi Fountain. The tradition is to toss in a coin to ensure you return to Rome. Maria tossed one in and I made her promise to bring me with her when she comes! There are sculptures features the Ancient gods of the Sea.


Then we walked to the Roman Forum. As we wandered aroung the ruins I was just amazed and the history we were walking through. We could see where the market was held, the courts and temples.



After the Forum we walked on to the Colosseum. Wow! It seemed surreal to be seeing it in person with my own eyes.


From the Colosseum we reboarded our bus and went to lunch at a nice hotel. After lunch we went to the St. Peter’s Basilica in Vatican City. This Basilica is the largest church in the world.



I think the pictures speak for themselves!