Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Glorious Morning in Romania

I hit the streets of our part of the city this morning around 8:30am. I really enjoyed being out with the morning crowd. Typically we're doing school and don't venture out until 10:30 or so. But since I am the only healthy person in our family right now, I got out earlier than normal.

I went out to get Immodium for Stephen, bless his heart...and his hiney! It was such a beautiful day that I walked on to the post office and managed to mail two letters without any "deer-in-the-headlights" looks! Not a common occurrence.

Since I was feeling so great and doing so well getting things done, I decided to try to find ammonia at our local grocery. Stephen had read that it will take that "old sweat" smell out of his running clothes. I had the Romanian name with me and asked about it. We couldn't find it in liquid form but I have sent out an email to our Romanian friends to see if it exists in this country.

Maria is now having the same "issues" as Stephen so they are sharing the sofa. One of us has been on this sofa for 10 days straight now! I wonder if they have Lysol here?



I started making my "Things to Bring Back to Romania" list. So far I want measuring spoons, a measuring cup (in cups), brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and a couple of other things.

I think I'll go shopping this afternoon and escape the germs once again! Two great friends of mine want me to buy stiletto heels and a mini skirt. Yikes!!! I think I am WAY past that stage of life. Ha ha. I did spot a "libarie" which had postcards in the window this morning. I think I'll start there.