Saturday, April 08, 2006

Irina Deleanu Cup


We went to an international rhythmic gymnastics competition held in Bucharest today! This was timed warmup for one of the sessions. There was a total of 20 judges - 2 panels of 10 judges.

The competitors were from: AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, BULGARIA, CROATIA, FRANCE, GERMANY, ISRAEL, ITALY, HOLLAND, RUSSIA, PORTUGAL, SERBIA & MONTENEGRU, SPAIN, HUNGARY and ROMANIA

Maria really enjoyed "hanging out" with her team mates. The practices here are very serious with no talking so she had fun today being goofy and laughing with the girls.

It was amazing how excited I was for the Romanians in the competition. The top Romanian gymnast did especially great! She has to be either 1st or 2nd after the two events today. We see the National Team almost everyday when they come in to train. They are all so nice to the mothers waiting and the little girls that are changing in the locker room. Maria feels like she knows them! Without exception, I see all of them speaking to each other and their coach with respect. It was great to see them do such good routines today.



I tried to take pictures. It was very hard and I missed a lot of the routines so I finally gave up. Here are a few that I managed to catch at a good time. I wasn't sure I could video but it's allowed, so tomorrow I'll bring along the video camera.